Backcountry ski tours in grossarl
Ski through unspoilt countryside far away from the hustle and bustle
Spend a day away from civilisation, be at one with yourself and nature – backcountry skiing is probably one of the most intensive ways of experiencing the mountaing in winter. Savour the winter wonderland In the Grossarl Valley and the tranquility to the fiull, it’s not called the “mecca for backcountry skiiers” for nothing. Head up to the mountain peaks under your own steam head along a number of routes for all abilities. The breathtaking views of the snowy landscape make you quickly forget the effort required for the ascent. Now all that’s left is just the wonderful descent back down into the valley – shame really!
An overview of tours available
Easy to demanding backcountry ski tour routes in the Grossarl Valley
- Varied backcountry ski tour routes in Grossarl and Hüttschlag
- A variety of lengths and difficulty levels
- Impressive mountain peaks between 2,000 and 3,000 m
- Guided backcountry ski tours for beginners and intermediates offered by Berg-Gesund and the ski schools
- Tour equipment rental in Grossarl
- Free rental of GPS devices from reception
- Take note of current avalanche danger
Alte Post tour suggestion
Level of difficulty: medium
Length: 8 km
Duration: approx. 3.5 – 5.5 hrs.
Description: This ski tour is suitable for beginners and intermediates and starts in Grund in the Ellmau Valley. From Grund start off along the footpath, past the Ellmau-Heimalm to the Ellmaualm (not open in winter). From here you follow the ridge along to Gründegg, where a fabulous view of the surrounding mountains awaits you. Return along the ascent route over alpine meadows back to the Ellmaualm. When there’s enough snow a direct descent from Gründegg to the Ellmaualm is possible.