Hiking hotel in Salzburger Land
Your no. 1 hiking hotel in Grossarl for your hiking holiday in the Grossarl Valley
At the AltenPost, the “best alpine” hiking hotel in Grossarl, you stay in the heart of the Valley of the Alms with access to the Hohe Tauern. National Park. Rustic alpine huts, romantic mountain lakes, endless alpine pasture and breathtaking peaks await in your hiking holiday in Salzburger Land. As a certified hiking hotel we offer our guests everything they need for a successful hiking and mountain holiday. It doesn’t matter whether you are a pleausure-walker, out and about with your family or an experieced mountaineer.
Arrive and feel at home, hike together and step for step and savour nature up close – this is what we would like our guests to experience during their stay here at our 4 star hiking hotel in Salzburger Land.
What to expect on an Alte Post hiking holiday in Grossarl
- Nature-loving and environmentally-conscious hosts
- Central location in the Valley of the Alms in Grossarl, neat the Hohe Tauern National Park.
- Wonderful hikes at any time of year possible from the hotel doorstep
- Weekly hiking programme: 4 – 6 guided alpine and mountain tours of varying levels of difficulty per week with our qualified guides
- Tour suggestions and useful information regarding hiking available from reception and from our hiking guides in person
- Latest walking maps of the Grossarl Valley and surrounding plant and nature books, hiking and climbing available for our guests in the hotel
- Free rental of hiking equipment, such as walking poles, rain capes, rucksacks, hiking boots (limited sizes), GPS-equipment, sales of hiking equipment
- Wanderbus: bus stop right by the hotel
- Nordic walking possibilities in Grossarl, climbing trails in the valley (difficulty levels C-E)
- Gourmet half board with regional wholefood produce, spa area, massages, hiking packages
- Free transfer to and from the railway stations in St. Johann im Pongau, Schwarzach and Bischofshofen
Extract from our weekly programme
Guided hikes of varying difficulty levels
- Mountain tour with Toni to the Tappenkarsee Lake
- Alpine and mountain tour with Maria in to the Ellmautal to Gründegg
- Family hike with Christina to the end of the valley
- Three alm hike with Guggi
- Sunrise tour with Toni to the Loosbühel
- Alpine hike with Guggi in the Ellmautal Valley
- Hike with Maria to the Sonntagskogel
- Hike with Christina in to the Hubalmtal Valley
- Mountain tour with Toni via the Schuhflicker to the Paarsee Lakes
- Gamssteig hike with Guggi
Awards & member property
“best alpine” hiking hotel – 5 mountain crystals, hiking seal of quality, Mountain Health Hotel
“best alpine” hiking hotel
The 4 star Hotel Alte Post is one of Europe’s hiking hotels. Mit dieser This membership ensures guests that we offer all services required for a perfect hiking holiday in Grossarl.
We fulfil the following criteria for the “best alpine” promise of quality:
Prime location in the heart of the most beautiful hiking regions · hiking experts with alpine competence and experience · free, guided tours several times a week · equipment service in the hotel · hiking taxi · relaxing spa facilities in-house · regional cuisine, wholefood and vegetarian specialities
5 mountain crystals – nature & hiking holiday with pleasure
Similar to the number of hotel stars, the mountain crystals designated the quality of member hiking hotel. The more mountain crystals the hiking hotel is awarded, the more varied the hiking possibilities and the more hiking services available.
The Hotel Alte Post has been awarded 5 mountain crystals, the highest categorization possible and fulfil the highest demands of real hiking enthusiasts: great facilities, lots of extras and up to 5 tours per week.
Austrian Hiking Seal of Approval
“…friendly hosts with offering a hiking infrastructure that leaves nothing to desire and makes your vacation an unforgettable experience.” – That’s how accommodation properties are described that are awarded the Austrian Hiking Seal of Approval as hiking property.
The Association for Ensuring Quality for Hiking in Austria rates properties in the 4 areas of facilities, experience, orientation and service. Thus the Austrian Hiking Seal of Approval values friendly, demand-oriented properties offering a programme of service specially for hikers highly.
Mountain Health member property
As a member of Mountain Health Hotels in Grossarl our hotel offers in addition to the active, family and hiking programme we offer our hotel guests additional programme points free of charge.
Summer programm:e hikes and mountain tours, yoga hike, alpine flower hike, Hike & Fly paragliding tour, climbing and taster climbing sessions, deceleration days…
Winter programme: snowshoe taster tours, snowshoe hikes, ski tour taster tours, ski tours, ice climbing
“The feeling of knowing that we can reach our destination, contributes to our feeling of well-being.
That’s the true art of hiking. Hiking is the King’s path to pleasure.”
from “The (little) Art of Hiking”