Ski holiday in Grossarl
Fun on the pistes in the Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski area, Ski amadé
Enjoy a ski or snowboard holiday in Salzburger Land, in the heart of the Ski amadé! The Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski circuit offers a wide range of slopes to suit beginners and advanced skiers, modern lifts and a cosy atmosphere in the ski huts. Families particularly enjoy the wide pistes and Kids’ fun slope. Experts and freestylers will just love the Snowpark Grossarl Valley at the Sonnerberg mountain station. In your ski holiday, you have the choice of all pistes in the Ski amadé region with just one lift pass (day tickets only valid in the Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski area).
Your Ski Hotel Alte Post piste bonus
The free ski bus transports you to the ski area in just 4 minutes. The bus stop is right outside our ski hotel in Grossarl. Say goodbye to carrying ski equipment: our guests can use our own ski depot at the valley station of the Panoramabahn free of charge. That leaves nothing to stand in the way of your great ski holiday in Grossarl in Salzburger Land.
Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski circuit
Skiing in Grossarl for all ability levels
- 80 km of well-prepared pistes, 17 modern lifts
- Guaranteed snow from December to April
- Member ski area of the Ski amadé (a total of 760 km of pists and 270 lifts on just 1 lift pass)
- Extra-wide pistes for the whole family
- Kids’ & Adventure Funslope: wave slope, tunnel, jump… at the Kreuzhöhe drag-lift
- Free Wi-Fi: hotspots throughout the whole ski area
- Free ski bus in the whole of the Grossarl Valley and to Alpendorf/St. Johann
- Snowpark Grossarl Valley on the valley side of the Sonnenbahn mountain station
- Skikeriki: every Monday skiing before the official lift opening with breakfast
- 2 ski and snowboard schools, ski kindergarten incl. lunch and lunchtime supervision
- Sports equipement test and rental
- Skiline: analysis of your ski day with a list of all lifts used and amount of altitude metres
- Huts for refreshment stops and après ski
Lift operating times
- Start of season until end of January:
8.45 am – 4.00 pm
- End of January until end of March:
8.45 am – 4.15 pm
- End of March until end of season:
8.45 am – 4.30 pm
Lift pass office opening hours
8.30 am – 4.30 pm
8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Free ski bus & ski depot at the valley station
The Ski Hotel Alte Post is situated in a central location on the Market Square in Grossarl, right by the ski bus stop.
Every 15 minutes the free ski bus transports skiers directly to the cable car stations and back (approx. journey time of 3 – 4 minutes). In your ski holiday in Salzburger Land a private ski depot at the Panorama cable car is also available free of charge for our hotel guests. Enjoy a comfortable journey from the ski hotel to the ski slopes without any hassle.
Ski schools in Grossarl
Skiing for beginners & intermediates in Salzburger Land
You’ll find 2 ski schools in Grossarl. Children and beginners can learn to ski or snowboard safely and with lots of fun.
In the ski school kindergarten playful learning is the top priority. A 5 to 6 day course of lessons of 4 hours each day is recommended. Even during the lunch break the little ones are cared for in their own kids’ restaurant or at one of the ski huts. At the end of the ski school week there’s a kids’ ski race with great prizes.
Those returning to skiing and adults wishing to learn to ski are also well taken care of in the ski schools. Select from private tuition or group instruction.