Salzburg Mountain advent
The traditional Christmas market in Grossarl
Advent like in olden times – get into the Christmas spirit with the lovely traditional atmosphere at the Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarl. Warm yourself around the fire, enjoy a mulled wine or a Salzburg delicacy and listen to the gentle brass band music. Children can discover the magic of Christmas in the biscuit bakery, in the Christmas Post Office and during the fairytale hour. Traditional advent atmsophere in the mountains awaits you right in front of the Hotel Alte Post.
Christmas market in Grossarl
Steeped in tradition and oozing genuine Christmas atmosphere
- Life-size, hand-carved village nativity scene, animal nativity scene with live animals, geschnitzte Dorfkrippe, Tierkrippe mit lebenden Tieren
- Nativity scene path to nativity scene village
- Huge advent calendar in the village
- Stands offering locals delcicaies and home-made gifts
- Children’s programme: biscuit bakery, Christmas Post Office, Christmas workshop, fairytale hour etc.
- A variety of activities and events: torchlight walks, carol singing, nativity plays, St. Nicholas celebrations
- Horse-drawn carriage ride to Hüttschlag